So I came across a blog recently that the writer started to document her successes at meeting goals for herself. The interesting conceit of the list of goals is “NxN”—that is N things done by the age of N. So, as the title of my post suggests, I would create a list of 30 things to do by the time I’m 30 years old. The idea is that you do a new list each year. If I were 23, I’d do 24×24. When I turn 30, I start a new list of 31×31. In chatting with her, I said that I thought it would be hard to come up with 30 things to do in the next year. I don’t know that I’ll actually make an effort to complete the items on the list. This is more about seeing if I can even come up with 30 things.
- Become comfortable leading Balboa
- Apply to the spring 2014 GW Master’s in International Science and Technology Policy program
- Get back to an average of 50 books read in a year
- Write at least 1 blog post a month.
- Begin biking to and from work at least twice a week
- Buy new bookshelves and fully organize my books
- Fully catalogue my books
- Compete in a newcomer’s jack and jill
- Travel to a lindy event other than Lindy Focus
- Go rock climbing semi regularly
- Take further Swedish or Polish classes
That’s what I came up with in odd moments of thinking while at work on 13 February.
- Visit California
That’s all I got on 14 February.
- Submit a short story to a science fiction/fantasy magazine